Friday, August 31, 2012

Ain't no mountain high enough

There literally are no words to express what it's like to be bushwacking for an hour not finding a thing then turning a corner and seeing a pride of lions laying out in the sun in front of you. Or locking up the brakes because an elephant is standing in the road a few yards ahead of you. Some of the highlights.

1) Big Kitty Cats

He roared at us to let us know who was boss. Hearing a grown male lion roar... O.M.F.G. Terrifying and exhilarating.
This guy was chilling out with his brother. Lean and muscular. Beautiful animal.
The cub in the middle really got curious about our truck. He stared back at us for a while. So incredibly cute.

Might be the best picture I've taken so far. Male approximately 3 years old. Gorgeous.
2) I will name him "Stampy"
This big fella walked right in front of our truck. We all sat VERY quietly. If he felt like swinging his head, we all probably would have been killed in a heap of twisted safari truck. MASSIVE and beautiful animal.
3) If my bowel wasn't frozen, I would have shat myself
I will never forget the first time I saw it. I literally forgot I needed to surface to breath. That's how hypnotic they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment